Monday, December 28, 2009

The Path, The wall, The Rope.

Walking down this path set by lights,But suddenly they all go off.
Made worse by the fact that so comes the night, As the skies react and dissolve,I try to go back but the path branches away,and I don't know where home lies.
I'm hesitant to proceed, I think I should stay, Now that God's taken away the skies. But I move on, hoping to reach my destination Away from these destitute lands. To a brighter and secure location Where everybody understands. I'm determined to make it, I'll give it my all, I know I can do...wait, what's with this wall? So I collide into this great wall of stone, Realizing that it obstructs my further progress. Panicked that I may remain here on my own, I'm suddenly aware of my aloneness. I cry for help but hear my voice crack As the desperation continues rising. Pounding at the wall as it pushes me back, While at the same time, feeling so inviting.
I want, I need, I have to push through This great impervious divider. I wish, I want my dream to come true; For the fortress to let me inside it. But just when I think I cannot cope, Descending to me like an angel is a rope. The lifeline lowers until it reaches me, And with little uncertainty, I start to climb. But the destination is so far it isn't seen. Well, it doesn't matter, I'll be there in no time. It appears the higher I get, the harder it is To hold onto this smooth red rope. I'm losing faith; I thought it'd be easier than this, But this feels like it's outside my scope. The rope hangs to let me climb or fall, It isn't in charge of my choice or what I do. It just provides the opportunity, that's all, And tells me "the rest is down or up to you". But the rope is fragile and takes just one cut To forever lose my chance of pulling me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment